Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My first encounter with my spiritual master



It was April 22, 2003. At Soho street temple,London, H.H.Radhanath Swami was to deliver the Bhagavatam class at 7.30 a.m. I was there well before time. I had never seen Maharaj before.. not even in a picture! I was almost compelled by my brother Gopinath Candra Das to just go and attend his discourse anyways.
Maharaj arrived well on time and that was my first vision of His Holiness. My life transformed but little did I realise then. Everything of him, his looks, smile, talk, gesture, depth of knowledge mesmerized me.
After the class Maharaj went to see the deities and later was talking with the temple president.Now I wanted to talk to him and intreoduce myself. I just dashed through shamelessly and said Maharaj I am Gopinath Candra's sister. He was happy and immediately asked about me and invited me to Bombay. I was too much happy. Tears filled my eyes and a deep sense of connection I felt. 
After returning back, I felt I need to be committed and always be connected with this personality. I was then chanting 4 rounds and by May 15th started off with 16 rounds
So it is said 'sadhu-sanga, sadhu-sanga—sarva-sastre kaya / lava-matra sadhu-sange sarva-siddhi haya ' - even a moment’s association with a pure devotee, one can attain all success
Thank you dear gurudev for protecting me and kindly bless me to remain at your lotus feet..

No comments:

Post a Comment